Thursday, May 21, 2015

Saying “WOW.” A shift from in-time to out-of-time

I often find myself saying, “WOW.”  For example, I just walked into our living room, and I was stopped because I saw a bright light streaming through the skylights, throwing luminous rectangles of light on the wall, and I found myself exclaiming, “Wow.”

Soon after, I came across this passage in Doreen Virtue’s, “Healing with the Angels:”
Doreen:
The angels also show me that it would be a great idea for you to have pink roses around you.
Belinda, her client:
Oh, WOW!  That opens my heart just thinking about it.
Often, in our Writing Class, a poem is read aloud, and guys say, “WOW.”

Then I thought, hmmm, I wonder if I can make up an acronym for WOW., and I did: 

Without Ordinary Wariness

The word “wary,” comes from the Latin, vereri, meaning “to fear.”

Our ego consciousness is wary of seeing the light, fearful of its own continuing existence.  When this wariness is suspended for a split-second, we can experience the light, Christ vision.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
William Blake


It is a WOW moment when Blake sees haven in a Wild Flower, and renders it into words, and a reader says WOW while reading it, and what is being communicated is seeing with Christ vision, stepping, for a moment, out of time and space and into eternity.

I asked my friend, Judy, to come up with an acronym, and she promptly did:

Work Of Wonder

When I mentioned this to Christine, she quickly said:

Wonder Of Wonders

The word “miracle” comes from the Latin, miraculum, meaning “to wonder.”

Miracle, of course, is defined in the Course as “a shift in perception.”  In a WOW moment we are shifting from ego consciousness to light.

WOW expresses the synchronicity of the crossing of two vectors, out-of-time and in-time.

Expressed in general terms, we have these crossings: 

forgiveness/grievance
remembering/forgetting
love/fear
love’s presence/blocks
waking/sleeping
resurrection/crucifixion
“Father, why hast Thou forsaken me?”/
“It is accomplished!”
atonement/separation
wave/particle
eternity/time and space.
The single condition that allows a WOW moment to occur is RECEPTIVITY to the out-of-time vector.  As we become increasingly RECEPTIVE and gather together, the more these synchronistic moments occur.

A WOW moment brings to mind the memory of what always is,
using this memory  as a springboard from what never was,
enabling us to dive deeply into what is, LOVE.


Now I’m found/I once was lost

And, of course, it all happens by the grace of God.

Amazing Grace


How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now I'm found

Was blind, but now I see


No comments: