Sunday, February 21, 2016

SINGULARITY Certain Connections Between Earthly and Heavenly Experiences




Saturday, 23 January 2016
Five-Minute Writing Exercise
Everything that I experience begins in my mind with an image to which I attach a story, or a thought to which I attach an image.  And I believe them.  Beliefs are powerful, indeed. This, then, is my “world,” totally in my mind and projected outward. 
It is only when my mind is free of my thought- images and beliefs that it is truly itself, present, and joined with all other minds, joyous and free.

Sunday, 24 January 2016

A Haiku

Do only this, now
Do that next, making  that this
This is heart-centered


A Direct Experience

While walking the endless corridors of the Kalahari Resort, I say to myself, OK, now simply do this, be attentive to walking.  Let go of that thought-image coming up in front of me, and let go of that that thought-image that was behind me, making that this moment.
Be aware of my feet striking the soft carpet, heel-toe, right foot, heel-toe left foot, breathe in and breathe out.

When I begin thinking about thethat that is coming up this afternoon, let that become this.

When I only do this, I am whole-heartedly receptive to the still small Voice speaking to me all through the day.

While I was walking, this essay kept going through my mind.
Then, I said to myself, OK, get back to walking and focusing on this, stepping through the corridors, letting that essay go.

Now is the only time there is.

Be here now.

I am going directly home after finishing my walk, and then the that of writing this down will become the this of the moment.

And, now, at home, sitting on my couch, I listen to this Voice and write this essay.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
(William Wordsworth, “I wandered lonely as a cloud.”)

As your heart is the Source of your rue Self, your thoughts, once removed from those of the ego-mind are the expression and extension of your true Self.  (A Course of Love:  The Treatises, 2.4)

My Heart Leaps Up When I Experience Singularity

While driving to Michigan on the Sunday following our Friday Writing Class, where, among other things, we read William Wordsworth’s poem, “My heart Leaps up,” I “just happened” to come across this account of an ADC (After Death Communication) in “Hello from Heaven” by Bill and Judy Guggenheim.

Victoria is a homemaker in Manitoba, Canada.  Her husband and she shared this wonderful symbolic ADC 15 years after their daughter, Gail, died in an automobile accident at age 19:

Last year we went to The Compassionate Friends picnic.  It was a bright, sunny day without a cloud in the sky.  At the end of the picnic, we all released helium balloons, and to ours I attached a note to Gail from all of us.  The last line said, “Wishing you lots of rainbows, Sweetheart.”  Then off it went into the atmosphere.  

As we were leaving the park, we looked at the clear blue sky, and there was a rainbow from horizon to horizon!  My husband and I looked at each other, and I said, “Gail got our message and is sending one back to us!”  

The park is about twenty-two miles from our home, and that rainbow followed us all the way!  As we got back into town, my husband said, “Take a look, honey!”  It had become a gorgeous double rainbow!  We stood beside the car holding hands just looking at the sky.

My Heart Leaps Up
William Wordsworth
My heart leaps up when I behold 
   A rainbow in the sky:
 
So was it when my life began; 
So is it now I am a man; 
So be it when I shall grow old, 
   Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.


Experiencing
singularity, my heart
leaps up!  Thank you, God.



No comments: